Follow these steps to help your tattoo heal properly and keep it looking good for a long time:
- Leave covering on for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Once you remove cover, wash well with warm water and antibacterial, unscented soap. Do not re-cover.
- Apply a very thin layer of ointment (Aquaphor, Lubriderm, unscented lotion).
- Apply ointment 3-4 times a day, after washing with antibacterial, unscented soap.
- No swimming/soaking in bath or hut tub for at least 2 weeks.
- No direct sunlight or tanning for at least 2 weeks. Always use sunscreen for sun exposure.
- Do not scratch or pick at your tattoo!